Helaas hebben wij deze vragen nog niet kunnen vertalen. We hopen dit snel te kunnen doen.
Lees alsjeblieft deze veelgestelde vragen voordat je contact met ons opneemt.
- When are you open?
- Can I visit your showroom?
- Is everything in stock?
- Do you have large quantities?
- Can I pay by debit/credit card?
- How long does it take for me to get my shipment?
- Can I return unused materials?
- What can I mosaic on?
- What do I need to make a mosaic?
- How much tile do I need?
- Do you sell mosaic on sheets?
- Do you sell small quantities?
- Can I use them for flooring?
- Can I use them for bathrooms?
- Can I use them for my kitchen backsplash?
- Why are some colours more expensive than others?
- Is mosaic heatproof?
- How do I remove remove tiles easily and safely off mesh?
- How can I clean my mosaic?
- Can I make my own sheets?
- How much grout do I need?
- What grout colour should I use?
- What type of glue do I need?
- Do I need to seal my mosaic?
- Can I use a hammer?
- What is the best way to hang a styropor form?
|Maandag:||10:00 - 14:00|
|Dinsdag:||10:00 - 16:00|
|Woensdag:||10:00 - 16:00|
|Donderdag:||10:00 - 16:00|
|Vrijdag:||10:00 - 16:00|
|Zaterdag:||10:00 - 16:00|
|Wij zijn gesloten op nieuwjaarsdag, met pasen, op koninginnedag, op hemelvaartsdag, met pinksteren en op beide kerstdagen.|
Can I visit your showroom?
Yes our showroom welcomes all customers, you can buy directly to take away with you.
Is everything in stock?
We try our best to keep all items in stock but if you need large quantities it is best to or visit us first.
Do you have large quantities?
We have a huge selection of products in large quantities in our warehouse but it is not possible to predict purchases by other customers.
Can I pay by debit/credit card?
Yes, we accept bankcards and credit cards.
How long does it take for me to get my shipment?
1-2 working days after payment is received. For international shipping please add 1-2 workdays per zone (Please check the shipping page on our website for zone information).
Can I return unused materials?
Please check our returns policy.
What can I mosaic on?
You can mosaic on almost anything. Ensure the surface is clean and solid enough to support the weight of mosaic. For outdoor projects do not use porous or fragile materials as they will not withstand freezing.
What do I need to make a mosaic?
Buy or borrow a book on mosaic in order to learn the basic techniques. Following an introductory course is always a good idea. To make learning easier we have created mosaic kits of varying difficulty, that provide you with everything you need to start.
How much tile do I need?
Calculate the approximate area using length, width and height (if 3D). With cutting you will have wastage so add 5-10% to the amount you have calculated. Under each tile type there is an approximation of tiles/sheets/kg needed to the square meter.
Do you sell mosaic on sheets?
Almost all of our tiles are available on mesh as it is easier to install. Mini and Transparent tiles may be delivered on paper and must be applied using the indirect method.
Do you sell small quantities?
Most tiles are available in smaller quantities or loose for hobby projects, check under unit to see the various quantities sold.
Can I use them for flooring?
Many of our tiles are suitable for flooring projects with the exception of glazed ceramic tiles from Mosa and and our stained glass collection. Check under the type of tile for more detailed information.
Can I use them for bathrooms?
Most of our tiles are suitable for bathrooms and are water resistant. Ensure that your adhesive and glue are appropriate for wet areas.
Can I use them for my kitchen backsplash?
All of our tiles are suitable for kitchen projects. Ensure that your adhesive and glue are appropriate for wet areas.
Why are some colours more expensive than others?
The materials used in the manufacturing process vary in cost. Red, Orange and Yellow use Cadmium, a very expensive and toxic mineral. Pink uses 24 karat gold as a colouring agent and is therefore the most expensive colour to manufacture.
Is mosaic heatproof?
Glass tiles are highly heat resistant but ensure that the adhesive or glue is as well.
How do I remove remove tiles easily and safely off mesh?
- Buy from the supermarket a bottle of product for unblocking drains. This is safe for use in all sinks and baths and not dangerous to touch with proper precaution.
- Take a plastic dish or container and put the tiles that you need to soak off into it.
- Using a measuring cup add cups of water until the tiles are covered by water. Remove the tiles leaving the water in the container.
- Add 1/4 cup drain unblocking liquid for every cup of water in the plastic container.
- Stir the water and drain unblocker carefuly to mix.
- Add the tiles gently section by section with the mesh side down.
- Leave to soak overnight.
- Pour off liquid from container, this is actually good for your drains as well.
- Fill container with fresh cold water.
- Drain and repeat 2 times.
- Remove tiles from mesh using your fingers you can rub off any excess softened glue.
- Dry the tiles on paper towels or old cloths.
How can I clean my mosaic?
After grouting wipe immediately with dry cloths to remove excess grout. When the grout is completely dry use a mixture of white vinegar and water to remove any haze remaining. For regular cleaning and maintenance, ordinary household cleaners can be used.
Can I make my own sheets?
Yes you can. Simply choose the tiles and colours you wish to use and a correctly sized tile grid to create individual sheets using mosaic mounting tape or craft paper. Alternatively you can create art pieces using the direct method by gluing the tesserae to fiberglass mesh with PVA prior to installation.
How much grout do I need?
Approximately 2kg of grout to the square meter.
What grout colour should I use?
This depends on the desired effect. If deep or bright coloured tiles are used, choose a dark grout. For lighter work pieces a lighter grout may work better. Most outside mosaic should use a dark grout to hide dirt and debris.
What type of glue do I need?
Depending on the type of mosaic, some adhesives are better suited. Please check our adhesive section to see which glue we recommend for specific uses or locations.
Do I need to seal my mosaic?
No, not if you use Mapei grout. Mapei grout is pre-mixed with an epoxy sealant.
Can I use a hammer?
Not really, this will break the tile into random pieces and damage the glaze or surface. We recommend that you invest in good tools in order to get the most out of your mosaic experience.
What is the best way to hang a styropor form?
The best way to hang a styropor form is by putting silicon glue on multiple screws and screwing these in the back the form. When the glue is dry, you can put some iron wire between the screws to hang the form and divide the weight over the whole work. Make sure to use screws with the correct length (not too short, but also not too long)! The larger the work, the more screws you should use: always hang the form on multiple hooks in the wall.